Friday, June 22, 2007

New Mantra

Someone had posted earlier about having a mantra that was helping them stay on the right path. For me, what has been working over the past week is:

Same effort, same results....different effort, different results


This has helped remind me that if I keep doing what I've always done (no exercise, poor eating habits) then I will yield the same results (out of shape and overweight), but if I can manage to change my habits then I have the power to change the end results.

I've lost 4 lbs over the past week using this mantra. I've been greatly decreasing my food serving size, limiting sugars and fats, and have stopped the constant snacking. Still need to work on the exercise part. ;)

Donna

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Donna! Good job!!!!! FOUR POUNDS!!! Wowsers. LOVE your mantra. Perfect!

janethe said...

Woo-hoo Donna! Congratulations!! I still haven't been able to find my scale.