Monday, June 4, 2007

Late on My Intro

Helloooo. I'm Susan from Life as I Know It. I've battled my weight for the past several years. About 3 years ago I joined Weight Watchers and lost about 40 pounds or so but when Will went to Iraq I had to decide what I wanted to focus attentions on and losing weight wasn't it. I ate out most every night. I ate at Tac0 Bell so much they got to know my voice in the drive through and I had to start going to another one on the other side of town. That and Big Macs were my staples. I gained 8 lbs that year. Fine with me. Then there was our trip to China. While I gorged the whole time we were there, I lost about 18 lbs when we got home but have slowly picked them back up.

The town I work in is very small and choices for lunch are limited and everything is fried, swimming in grease or coated with gravy. They just opened a Y and rather sit at my desk trolling the internet, I joined it. I want to go 4 days a week and I have some but normally I can make 3. I've also started taking golf lessons on my lunch hour. Like I said, very small town can get across who thing in 5 minutes - with stop lights. I'm loving being outside and between it and the Y, I feel so much better. I've lost about 5 pounds and am on my way to hopefully being successful this go round.

I can't wait to read everyone's successes and to swap some recipes and fun food finds.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Joe and I eat out ALL the time and it really takes a toll with all the fat and calories. Of course my fav is Mexican food, wich is bad, bad, bad!

I think it's awesome that you found the motivation to go to the Y. I'm trying to get up the motivation to get on my treadmill. I can't believe that even with a TV in front of it, I won't get on the darn thing!

Donna