Monday, June 4, 2007

Little finds...

I love to cook and I recently placed my first order from a company called Penzey's. So far everything I've tried I like. Especially the Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle. I initially bought it to put on bread. I made spaghetti one nigh and since I had made too many noodles, I decided to follow their directions on the jar (sans the oil) and tossed a few sprinkles with the hot pasta and it was really good. Not a substitution for drowning in sauce but a nice change. I used a high fiber whole wheat pasta and I plan on trying with spaghetti squash soon. Will let you know how it turns out.

I've also made their Creamy Peppercorn Dressing. It's really thick but I made it with light mayo and light sour cream and so far have only used it for dipping veggies in. I will thin it with some milk and use for salads.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, what an awesome selection of spices they have! I'm going to order the cheese sprinkle and some other stuff to try.

Adding more flavor and less fat is always good!

Donna :)

Shannon said...

Love spaghetti squash. Especially with sauce that is full of veggies, etc. Let us know how you like it!