Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hi All

Kim here.

I know some of you from Precious Panda's and some from the Disney trip.

5 years ago my sister and husband and I went out to the Utah high desert to visit family and did some touring in the backcounty. My sister took one particular picture of me hiking up to see petroglyphs, and that was my Uh Oh picture! I hardly recognized myself and to whom did that pot belly belong anyway. (If I can find that thing I'll post it just to keep myself honest)

I got serious and lost 30 lbs and kept it off for 2 years. Then we got into a situation where my husband had health problems and my job had (even more than usual) stress problems and I decided I just did not feel like being dilligent.

so - 25 lbs are back and I get to start again.

This is serious for me - my left knee is actually a bit "defective" plus I have 2 separate back injuries. My body really can't support extra weight, and my lower back is nagging me about this poundage even now.

My personal challenge - I am vacationing in July with my sister and a good friend who lives in the Durango Colorado area. Sis hikes EVERY WEEK and my friend does hikes to the top of 14K mountains as a hobby. Me - I have a desk job. And I'm starting menopause.

They have promised to keep the first big hike shorter for me - but at altitude that is still going to be tough.

So - some weight has to go and some muscle better get added or I won't survive long enough to get to China, much less carry a child around.

My biggest challenge is actually work. These people are carb pushers! Why are there skinny people in this world who manage to eat all that white flour. Wish I understood how that works.

Weight watchers is not my style for multiple reasons. I used South Beach last time, and although I am dreading the first two weeks I'll use it this time too. I appreciate the chance for mutual support. A place to quietly whine and rant sounds wonderful.

So - do we have a ready set go date, or do we just clean the fridge now? (I'm making homemade chicken veggie soup for this weekend - can I get bonus points?)

Kim

No comments: