Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Popeye, Here I Come.....

I was fairly fit in college. I worked out a lot and I felt good. I have never been a tiny little stick, but I was thin enough and I was in good shape. I always lamented my legs, though. And my arms. As I've said, I'm not a "small build", so I was always embarrassed about my legs and arms. They were so....manly, I thought (as in large!) They had a lot of muscle and I was embarrassed about it. Then I got married and had kids. Working out went by the wayside. Then, when my youngest was 2, I decided that enough was enough and I started working out again. It's kind of weird, but I'm proud of my muscle now. I have always had short, stocky legs, but at least my legs are muscle! And my arms have never been those tiny, svelte arms of actresses, but they are strong! It's a good feeling. To know that my body is healthy. Now, I won't lie and say that I'm perfectly happy with my body, because I am SO not. And I don't want to become a body builder or anything (gross!) but I do like to see some definition in my arms. Plus, I can blame say....5 pound, on muscle? Tee hee. Oh well, it was worth a try.....:-)

No comments: