Wednesday, May 9, 2007

It's time to take control...

It's amazing how looking at a photo can give us motivation to take control of our life.

This photo was taken on our Waiting Mommas Disney trip. I don't look great, but I didn't think it was that bad so alarms didn't really go off at the time...

















Later that month I saw this photo (courtesy of my brother, thanks a lot Jim) and was horrified. Oh my God, do I REALLY look like that? My poor hubby didn't bargain for this. I am SO embarrased. For me, this is the ultimate "before" photo and it's time to make some changes for the future.



I want to come up with a plan for a healthy lifestyle. I'm not talking about a crash diet to loose pounds fast...I'm talking about an exercise and eating plan to get me moving in the right direction.

I don't want my daughter to be the one with the "fat" mom. I want her to be proud to call me "mom" and I want to have no restrictions when it comes to doing activities with her.

I'm inviting everyone to join me in this wellness challenge. If you're interested, I can add you as an author on this blog and we can use it as a group forum for posting our ideas, challanges, successes, concerns, monthly goals, etc. Once we get going, I'm planning on setting the blog up so that only authors can view the blog. I feel this topic is personal and doesn't need to be shared with everyone out in Blogville. E-mail me here if you would like to join in.

2 comments:

Robin said...

This is great Donna. We have a blog just like this called China WaitLoss Moms and Buddies. I'm not doing so well on it though. I too posted photos of myself thinking that if I had to see them on the blog, I'd get my butt moving but alas.. this month has not gone as planned. Of course, tomorrow is the start of another month. Good Luck on your weightloss ventures! I'll be rooting for you too

Kim said...

Even though I'm not a waiting-mom anymore, I would like to join your group. I'd like to drop 30 lbs. so this just may be the motivation I need. I'll email you.

Donna, you are perfectly lovely no matter what your weight. And even if Lauren doesn't have the thinest mom, she will have the best mom. I know you well enough to say that if I were a kid again, I would want someone just like you for a mother. You're top-notch.